One Million Meals Training Video
Please ensure your team has watched the packing video (proper protocol is necessary to ensure that the food bags each receive the prescribed amount of food):
o 4 people for handling the food into bags,
o 2 people to hold the bags under the funnels,
o 2 people for weighing and adjusting the weight of the food bags,
o 2 people for sealing of the bags (each working in tandem with the other, not on their own)
o 2 people for labelling and compacting the bags and then filling boxes
o Volunteers may be asked to assist where needed for other tasks such as re-filling the food bins, etc.
Shift times have been modified for 2019:
Shift 1: 9am-10:30am – arrive 30 minutes prior
Shift 2: 11am-12:30 – arrive 15 mins prior
Shift 3: 1pm-2:30pm – arrive 15 mins prior
(some volunteer teams from shift 3 will be assigned to tear down the event, clear tables, wash bins, loading of food and equipment onto trucks and trailers etc.)
- When you arrive at the Wellness Centre, we encourage volunteers to park near the Southeast Entrance. In the main hall, there will be several posted charts indicating Teams, the individuals on the team and their assigned table number. Please check to see which Team/Table number you have been assigned to. Proceed into ROOM C.
- Each team member will receive an apron to protect their clothing, hair nets to prevent hair contamination and instructions for proper hand sanitization. A youth leader, assigned to your team, will escort you into the gymnasium for a team photo then to your assigned table.
- The organizers will be wearing fluorescent shirts identified with Kids Against Hunger Canada on the front and CREW on the back. These volunteers are there to assist with any questions or assistance at the event.
- The suggested donation of $60/person is a minimum consideration to cover the costs of packaging this food. The Team Captain should collect any donations and hand them in, if possible, prior to the day of the event, or participants can make a donation online at https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/kids-against-hunger-canada/. If your church or company has made a “Group Donation” to the OMMP, there may be no need for participants to provide an additional donation, unless they choose to do so.
- Have a question? Click here.
Sample Pledge Form
Everyone is urged and encouraged to take pictures and upload the pictures from the event to the One Million Meals Peterborough Facebook page and/or to the One Million Meals Peterborough Twitter accounts.