- Peterborough Health and Wellness Center – Bird’s Eye View for OMMP
- please ensure your team has watched the packing video and that each person has been assigned a task as follows:
- 4 people for handling the food into bags,
- 2 people to hold the bags while being loaded, load new bags and set filled bags aside by the weighing station,
- 2 people for weighing and adjusting the weight of the food bags,
- 4 people for sealing of the bags,
- 2 people for organizing the bags for filling cartons,
- up to 6 volunteers to keep food stations full, assisting where needed, relieving volunteers from stations, and also volunteers to carry the filled cartons to the pallets for shipping.
- please arrive a minimum 30 minutes before a shift,
- when you arrive at the Wellness Centre (main southeast entrance) go down the hall to ROOM C – there you have people to instruct you on sanitizing hands, wearing food gloves in the first station of the packing, aprons and hair nets; and confirm that everyone has watched the packing video and knows what job and Table Line they’re assigned to by their Captain. There will be several posted charts outlining Teams and Table Lines.
- the organizers will be wearing fluorescent shirts identified with Kids Against Hunger Canada on the front and CREW on the back. These volunteers are there to assist with any questions or assistance at the event.
- Suggested donation of $50/person as a minimum consideration to cover the food costs of the food packed, or $1000 per table. That the Captain should collect any donations and hand them in at the event, or participants can make a donation on-line on the OMMP website. If your church or company has made a “Group Donation” to the OMMP, there may be no need for participants to provide an additional donation, unless they so choose.
- The final shift (1pm to 3pm) is requested to assist with tear down, clean up, washing items, and the loading of food and equipment onto trucks and trailers. The more help we have with this, the quicker clean up, tear down and loading will go – so greatly needed and appreciated. We may also require your help to unload at the Kingswood Centre where we warehouse supplies.
- Teams are encouraged to wear Canadiana (red & white, maple leaf, etc.)
- Have question? Click here.
Sample Pledge Form
Everyone is urged and ecouraged to take pictures and upload the pictures from the event to the One Million Meals Peterborough Facebook page and/or to the One Million Meals Peterborough Twitter accounts.